Sunday, February 1, 2009

Superbowl Sunday

An observation for the day: Very strange things are out of stock at the grocery stores on Super Bowl Sunday.


Jay left bright and early this morning for a day sure to be busy in the car wash world. The girls and I were slow in getting going.
Most of the morning was spend reading, playing with various little people, dolls, cars and plastic animals of all sorts. I had to do some work on the computer for Grandpa Don, then of course it was a mad rush to get moving out the door.


In follow up of the shot yesterday, I feel just fine today. Actually at one point this morning when the thought of MS crossed my mind, I had to stop and think "I feel fine, don't I?" Yep, I feel just fine.

We were out the door and on time for church, then on to our typical lunch spot for a gourmet meal of cheeseburger and apples.


I knew that we were going to be pressed for time this afternoon because we had to drop some paperwork off to Grandpa Don, go to the store, and get home for naps before the party this evening. The girls wanted to stay and play at Grandma and Grandpa's house, but Emma was eager to leave when she began to worry about what she might miss at the store if she didn't go.


Off to the store - who would have thought that there would be such a shortage of Hormel No Beans Chili - for items to make my contribution for the party, and home for naps.


I woke the girls up and we headed out with Jay going to meet us there after work.


The party was a lot of fun and Jay finally got to join us after awhile. Us girls sat upstairs and chatted and the guys sat downstairs and chatted - or whatever it is that they do. The ratio of kids to adults was about 1:1. Actually, there were probably about 3 more kids then there were adults. It was loud and crazy, but a ton of fun. AND, I won the betting pool. I just happened to choose the final numbers for the game. So awesome.

Brought two very tired and worn out girlies home. Poor Emma, she asked for a sip of water. I filled a cup in the bathroom and she spilled part of it down the front of her. She always has a fit about something like that, but when she is tired she is twice as neurotic about it. Well, in the middle of her tantrum, she lost her balance and fell backward into the toilet. All I could do was to giggle a little bit.

Daddy gets to stay home tomorrow!! Yeah!

No comments: