Friday, February 13, 2009

On the mend . . .

Woke up this morning feeling equally crappy. It is so very difficult to try and be a fun and playful mom when you don't feel well. But, the God's must have been looking down on me, because Jay called around 10:30am and sad that he was on his way home!!


I clld ad spoke to my MS nurse. She "confirmed" without being able to "confirm" that I have the regular person flu. It was a relief to hear, but a reminder abut how icky these side effects could be if I were to get them.


We killed lots of brain cells today by watching tv and Jay helped to clean up our disasterous house. I hate doing that! But when you don't feel well, you have to do what you have to do to get through the day.


Everyone took a nice long nap. I woke up feeling a touch better. Did a little playing with the girls and watched Seasme Street.


Jay made dinner. I ate the first bite of food in two days (except for the two bites of soup the night before). Couldn't handle more then about 3 bites. I am sure my body is going into shock from not having chocolate for two whole days!




Jay and the girls went to Target while I sit here and write this. When they get home it will be baths and bedtime for ALL of us. I promise in the coming days I will have to start writing with a bit more wit and humor since this have probably been pretty "blah" to read.


I am SO very excited for Valentines Day tomorrow!!! We have a few little gifts for the girls and just a fun day for us all!

On two other side notes:

1. On Tuesday night, please watch American Idol. Our friend, babysitter and ome town girl Casey Carlson will be on and signing for votes. Please watch and vote for her lots. She is truly a great all around girl!!



2. We are in the works for making Team MS Independent T-shirts for the walk. So please sign up!! We will need to know how many people will be there so each will get a shirt! Below I am "cutting and pasting" the directions that I wrote out about registering online. I cannot figure ou ow else to get them onto the website.


Signing up for the Walk

1. Visit my personal “walk webpage” at (you can cut and paste the link, if needed):
http://main.nationalmssociety.org/site/TR/Walk/MNMWalkEvents?px=5934253&pg=personal&fr_id=9611

2. When you visit that page you can:

- “Donate to Andrea” – this means that you want to donate money toward my goal and you will NOT walk with us that day.
o When you donate this way, you will have to enter credit card information online. If you wish to donate with a check or cash, just drop me a note to let me know. There is a special way that I need to enter that information. I will need to know how much you intend to donate. I have been told that it is important to have the donations recorded.
o Anyone donating money has to donate to a “person”, they are unable to just donate to a “team”.

- “Join Andrea’s Team” – this means that you will be walking with us on May 3.
o There is no fee to join the team. You will be asked what you want to personally pledge as well as what your personal fundraising goal might be (how much money you are going to try and raise from other donors).
o Then you will have to fill in the rest your info. Each person walking (i.e. husband and wife) should register separately. If you will be using the SAME email address, please let me know and I will “hand register” you. The system has issues when two people register with the same email address.
§ After you register for the walk, you will have the opportunity to create your very own fancy-dancy web page that will document your donations, just like mine! You will also have your own scroll and other nice things that will help manage your donations.

Please know that the most important goal is to raise money and have people supporting us at the walk! Any dollar amount is a true gift and joining us on walk day is icing on the cake! If you should have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to let me know!

No comments: