Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Not scott free??

First off, I will admit that I am starting to write this at 6:30pm - I will finish it up later before we go to bed with the rest of the nights activities. I am anticipating being kind of tired and needing some extra rest tonight.



Got up this morning knowing that I had lots to do before our little house guests arrived. So, the girls got up and we were out the door.


After a few errands, we went to go and pick up the boys from their preschool. The fun began!! They are very sweet, twin boys, only a couple of months older then Emma (3 1/2). Boys are a totally different ball game. And, these boys, are VERY active. Anyone who knows them can attest that they are on the far end of the sectrum when it comes to activity.



We came back to our house and played everything!! Thankfully, Emma and the boys both enjoy crafts. So we broke out the doilies (you can't have a true craft without doilies), construction paper, popsicle sticks, crayons, etc. Madeline just tried to keep up. After about 15 minutes we put that stuff away and pulled out the beads and items necessary to make necklaces. Ufdah!



While the four of them played with toys, I was shooting around the house trying to mak some sort of sense of the mess. I will admit the majority of the mess happened before any kids got involved.



Nap time arrived. One of the boys wanted to sleep with Emma. So I put them up in our bedroom - yes, I did approve. Then the other one wanted to sleep there too! So we gave it a try. I closed the door and heard lots of laughing and joking around. I just giggled to myself. Shortly there after, I heard the door knob rattling and one boy asked to go down to Emma's room. The sound of silence for, oh, 15 minutes.



Madeline started coughing every 10 minutes or so. Because I have been giving her "illegal" cough medicine at night (one of the secrets about parenthood of a small kid, even though they say that you are not supposed to give them that medicine until 6years, you do anyway) I did not want to give it to her during the day. So she was up after about 45 minutes.



It wasn't very long before the house was bustling again with kiddo action. How great! It is so much fun to hear them talking, negotiating and discussing. I have to laugh because the boys are able to keep themselves busy, but they listen and actually do what Emma says. She is my little dictator.


On another breif aside, it is now 10:30pm and I am just picking it back up again. Honestly, I am not feeling so great. I am feeling kind of crappy, a little "flu like". What? What did she say? Yes, just like the side effects say. I did a shot last night and almost 24 hours after the shot, I am feeling a little crappy.


It is hard to tell if it is the drugs, the real flu, MS crap or just tired from the day. Anyway, I am feeling the need to get to bed. The rest of the evening was taken up by finishing up Ea's valetines for the party/non-party at school tomorrow.


So I am ging to cut this short. Since I am unsure as to the origin of this stuff, I am just going to keep on truckin'. Make way!
I did ask the boys mom if I could use the photo . . .








No comments: