Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Shoulda stayed home

Emma started out the day coughing. Throughout the morning it subsided, so off to school we went.


While Emma was at school, Madzie and I had our first offical playdate with one of her friends! A little friend, whose mommy had an appointment, came over to lay. We had a great time! The girls played so well together. Kids at year and a half are so much fun. So much to show you about the world.


Picking up Emma from school proved that I should have kept her home. But, come on, you can't blame me! I followed all of the guidelines about when to keep your kid home. She didn't have any of them, when I dropped her off. When I picked her up she was visibly tired, warm to the touch and clingy. Poor thing. A quick stop at the store and back home.


When we walked in the door, Emma had no sooner stripped off her coat and was downstairs laying in her bed. When I went to check on her, she was asleep. She woke for a small lunch and back down for a nap. In the interest of getting things done, I put Maddie down for a nap as well.


When Emma woke up she was bright and happy as could be and with no fever. Hmmm. That sleep can do a body good. She and Madeline watched Seasme Street and enjoyed a snack.

Jay got home and we decided to keep Emma home from gymnastics tonight so that she can make sure her body is in good shape before she works it that hard. Jay whipped up a delicisous meal with an amazing sweet red pepper my dad had given us from Trader Joes. I have to go there!!


We hunkered down for the night to watch our gal Casey perform on American Idol. It was not her best performance. She looked beautiful and we are hoping that we can hear her sing again! We have been doing our part to vote for her. We have been calling consistantly for the past 1.5 hours and their phone system hasn't cut us off. Now, we will have to cross our fingers and wait.


I need to put the finishing touches on a letter that I am writing to a friend of mine, Matt Logelin (a link to his website is on the side of my blog). It is coming up on the year "anniversary" of the day his wife died and a group of people are making a book out of letters from people. Not easy to put into words how someone elses life has put yours into perspective.

No comments: