Monday, February 2, 2009

A day with daddy!

What a nice day, we were able to spend - almost - all day with daddy!! I know that the girls were excited and so was I.


This morning was Madeline's school. A chance for Jay to see her in her real element. What a ham! We sang, we played with toys and had a little parent education time. Then off to lunch.



After lunch we headed home for more play and nap time. Jay took advantage of the time and layed down for a while and I also took advantage of the time by reading.



After naps the girls watched Seasme Street, while we enjoyed more mommy and daddy time.



The girls really were able to enjoy daddy to themselves while I set off for a family education board meeting. I think that we got somethings accomplished and some other ideas that are in the works. All in all a pretty good meeting.


When I got home, I found the girls in the tub and daddy just finishing up the scrubbing. Everyone looked a little tired and worn. I dried them up - not Jay, just the girls - did the jammie thing and scrubbed some teeth. Madz is a little hesitant with the tooth brushing. I am pretty sure she is on the last legs of teething for this round.


We read some some books before Madeline went to bed, and by the time I came back downstairs to read Emma some books, well, the photo shows how I found her. What a tired little monkey! She was attempting to choose her books.


How awesome to be able to spend a full day, minus the board meeting, as a family!!

No comments: