Sunday, February 15, 2009

funny kids


It was a rough night of sleeping, particullarly for Emma (and that usually translates to me then as well). She has a cough that was keping her up. But, we were up early cuddling together and playing with dolls. Jay woke toward the end of breakfast.


We played some games and made a pretty good mess of the house before church. Then on to church and Sunday school.



After church, we had to shop for work boots for Jay. He didn't seem to think that his boots that were split all thr way through the bottom could suffice working in the car wash anymore. Also took a swing through the Sears tool department at Sears. We surmised that they do not employ the brightest of bulbs there.


Home for naps. When I woke up from a fantastic nap, Jay was at the store. When he got home he said that there was a "car wash emergency" and he needed to go and assist.


The girls and I did some playing and attempted to clean up the house a little bit. However, I was not feeling top notch, so cleaning the house was not top on the list. So the playing continued.


It was bath time and about then Auntie stopped over for a visit. Madz greeted her with a big "Auntie!" She chatted with us when as we were attempting a bath - the girls were in rare form. I say rare, but it really isn't so rare lately. Just naughty.


Jay finally got home around 8ish and he read books to Madeline. She chose them to be read on the stairs . . .


Said good night to Maddie and Emma and Jay and I went downstairs for shot time! Yipeee!! No, I have felt that it is really important for Emma to be involved - Jay too! So really I just lay back and become a human in cushion. Emma picks the spot and she and Jay prep and give the shot. All went just fine.



I have had to laugh lately at Madeline - I shouldn't say just lately because she is just so funny on a regular basis. But, her personality is coming out in fully force. She is going to be a VERY indepedent young lady. Up until this week, Maddie has been pretty much potty trained. She will go all day with a dry diaper and tell me every time she has to go. However, now, she likes to tell me she has to go and take me into the bathroom. Then when we get there she will say "no potty" and give me a look like "ha!". She also likes to call herself "Madzie". When you ask her what her name is that is what she will tell you. She is just a hoot and growing so, so fast.


Hoping that everyone is well to start the week!

No comments: