Sunday, February 8, 2009

A nice Sunday

My humorous moment for the day was when we were leaving church and Jay was looking closely in the rearview mirror after church and exclaimed in a surprised and shocked voice "Oh my gosh, I have a grey hair!!" I gave him a fist pump in the air with a "yahooo, about time!". Jay said after lunch he would have to stop at Target for some Grecian formula or some Just For Men. I am pretty certain he was only half kidding.



It was a nice and fairly relaxing day. I didn't read Jay's post, so I'm not sure what he talked about so please excuse any repeats. Jay and Emma got some doughnuts for breakfast. That is one food item that should be made in a non-fat version. Oh boy, do I love them! Then we played and off to church.


Jay and I joined Emma for a special Sunday school program this morning. We talked bout God (imagine that!) and how he made the earth and Noah's ark. It was fun to share that special time with her.


Afterward, McDonalds! When we got there Madeline wanted to get down. When I put her down she went right to a highchair and pushed it over to an open table without any prompting. It was really cute. She is getting so big so fast. Doing lots of big girl things! She has also started asking "Why?" a lot.


Home for some play and nap time. In the past week Jay has had to adjust both of the girls straps on their car seats. They are getting so big!! Madeline was helping Jay with hers. That is what she is doing in the photos.


When we got up Jay ran to the store to get some things for dinner. He told me that he talked about that in his post.


The dinner was inspired by some lemon pepper noodles that Grandpa Al had brought us from Trader Joes. He stopped over on Friday to deliver Valentines gifts and play with the girls. He like to bring over lots of fun things from Trader Joes. And judging by the things that he brings us, I should not go into that store. It is like a Target for food. Everything you want and not much you need. Dinner was delicious!! Like a restaurant right here at home.


Movie night at the Viera household. Madagascar 2 was playing. What a cute movie! These "kids" movies are great fun to watch because they work in so much adult fun with them. It was a nice thing to do this evening. My cold is here with my nose running like a faucet and Madeline is showing it in her eyes and a runny nose to boot. She was ready to crash.


Jay was finally able to hear Maddie count to 14. Yes, the kid can count all by herself to 14. She is damn smart - and yes, I am certain that she is our kid. Usually when I ask her, of course she won't do it, but he was able to hear it for himself.


Before bed, we did a shot. Jay's day had come. A shot in my ass!! I think that he was hoping that it would be more like in the movies. But I am sure that he enjoyed it none the less. I will some time have to take a good picture of the apparatus that I use to give the shots. It is big and bulky, but pretty handy and easy to use.


I am ready to call it a night. If Madz is doing well in the morning, she will be at class!!

No comments: