Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy V Day!!!

I am about 85% back to normal. I am probably using that goofy "new math" to get to that number. Either way I was able to at least be up and moving today.



Woke up with the girls and, amazingly, Jay was also up with us. The girls tore into their Valetines gifts. I chatted with them, more particularly Emma, about kindness and love everyday, not just today.





Emma and Jay drove to the store for a breakfast that almost anyone would love - DONUTS! I don't eat them often, since my butt will punish me for months to come when I do, but oh, do I love them!



Grandma Kim and Grandpa Don stopped over to deliver some more Valentines goodies and fun for the girls. Then we were off an running to price out windows.




Windows, now who would have thought that a peice of glass with some framing would be so damn expensive!! Now, thankfully, Jay with the help of Grandpa Don (perhaps he doesn't know this yet) can put the windows in themselves, so we are really just pricing out the windows - but, holy cow, that doesn't seem to help much. That makes it less about how much of the elements we want coming in the house to what can we get by with buying. Such is the life in a house like ours.




One of our stops was Home Depot, the gal there asked Emma if she had a special Valentine. She shyly said, "yes" and the gal asked "who is it?" Emma said "Grandpa Al". It was too cute. This past week everytime Emma talked with Grandpa Al, he would ask her to be his Valentine. I guess he got his wish!!



Came home for some play then naps for us all!!




Thankfully we all caught some nice zzzzz's. Grandma Kim and Grandpa Don stopped by later with some homemade chocolate dipped strawberries. I had almost forgot that they were in here until I began writing this, I might just have to steal one before bed!


Anyway, dinner was great!! We feasted, and I am serious we FEASTED, on 2+lbs of king crab legs. Wow!! I ate as much as I could, coming from 2 days of not eatin and still not feeling perfect.




We sat down for a movie and dessert of delicious yummies! We played and the girlies went to bed. Jay is in bed as he now has the cold that is being passed around. Hoping tomorrow will bring better heath.



It was a terrific day!! I am so lucky for my little family. They are so special - I know that everyday, but today was a day to be sure and live it. Every minute of it.




I need to remember to grab the phone on my way to bed. We are anxiously awaiting the phone call about a new baby from our dear friends . . . . The waiting part is terrible.

No comments: