Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Who Would Have Thought. . .

Who would have thought . . . that as I embarked on this journey into MS, that I would be surrounded by so many people that share a different, but same story. Who would have known that I would become part of a club that included celebrities and the common man? Although I do have to balk at the thought of being in a club. I am not a "club" kind of person!


At one of my first neurologist appointments, the Dr told me that there are more people out there with MS that you would never know. You encounter them at the store, school, on tv, etc. I guess that I am now one of "those people". Those people that you encounter everyday that you would never know has this disease.


I have been sifting through some MS publications that have just been sitting around the house - I did not realize how many publications came along with such a disease. There are a lot of people out in the world that I did and did not know have MS: Montel Williams, Teri Garr, Paul Wellstone, Neil Cavuto (a FOX news anchor), Michelle Obama's dad . . . the list goes on. Everone of us very different in obvious ways and each going to encounter this disease in equally various fashion.


Today I was at a funeral of a mom of some of my family members (hard to follow? I gained some family members many years ago. It was a funeral for their mom). She was only 50 years old. A very sad day and a nice service. Cancer took her too young, she will be greatly missed by her kids and grandkids whom she would spend as much time as possible with. I am constantly amazed by how life takes it's turns.


After the funeral, I went and gathered the girls from Grandma Kim and Grandpa Don. On our way to the store, something royally pissed Emma off. She walked about 3 steps behind me through the grocery store screaming and crying. Love that!


Went home where things cooled down and the girls took a nap. Emma woke up and obviously didn't feel well. She just wanted to cuddle. So we did for almost the rest of the night.


Jay got home and left right away to go to the Motley Crue concert. He got a free ticket from a friend and I told him that he couldn't pass it up.


I made the girls jambalaya for dinner, of which Emma didn't eat any. We sat and watched our beloved Casey get voted off of American Idol. So sad. I know that she is for better then what she was the other night. Bigger and better will be waiting for her!


I gave Madz a bath, read books, then to bed she went. Then Emma's turn. I drugged her up a bit with hopes that she is able to sleep well tonight. It almost feels like she is getting what I had. Poor little thing.

No comments: