Monday, January 26, 2009

Drugs are ordered!

Today was the day that the final order information was given to the pharmacy and my life with drugs will soon begin. They waste no time, as the drugs are supposed to arrive here tomorrow. After that I need to call the special MS nurse who will have to see Jay and I for the proper procedures. I am thinking that perhaps this week sometime or first part of next we will get started.


As I hope that, among other things, the drug does its job to slow the progression of the disease, I am also hoping that I will be in the minority of people who suffer from the flu like symptoms as a side effect. I glance at my calendar and see all of the things that we have going on. But, knowing myself and the committment that I have made to me, Jay and the girls. This will not get in the way of our lives. Thankfully, knowing that Jay and mom cannot take a lot of time off of work, I have several friends and other family that have offered to help if the situation would arise.



Although I have to say, at this time I have a good feeling about this. As with most things in life, this initial portion of drug therapy is only for a short amount of time in the whole scheme of things. If I stop the drug, I will have to go through the initial stage again, but it is only temporary. Jay and I have talked so much about knowing that people get deals cards in life, unfortunatly we don't know what we have in our hands. Som get a really shitty hand while others seem to float through to the end. However, I think when you get to a point in life, you find that it really isn't a matter of just floating through, it is how you react to what your hand is. Are you able to play or do you fold? I am in this game.



The day was one of, again, getting back to normal. To the gyn this morning for a very quick workout. So quick in fact, that I parked in the 30 minute parking spot. Then off to Madz class. After the parent only portion of the class, a couple of the childrens teachers commented on how much my little bean is talking. Child genius, I guess. Back home for the usual.



The evening brought a nice family dinner as we do evey night, and some play time, baths and beauty sleep. Jay is already upstairs in bed. He is so excited that it is so early and he is ready for bed in clean sheets. So glad that he is easily entertained!

No comments: