Sunday, January 11, 2009

Getting closer


As the weekend comes to a close, I begin to look at the packed week ahead. For some reason I always feel like the winter time is a "slow" time. But, I think each and every winter, especially as the kids get older, it gets busier and busier.


Anyway, one of the first things to do tomorrow is to place a call into the MS nurse at the U of M. I am coming closer in to my final drug decision. It is amazing how much information there ISN'T out there. Now, when I say "drug", I could only wish that I was considering something more tangable like making the decision to do pot, or acid, possibly cocaine. However, I am a little "old" to be partaking in that crap and when you have a family you have greater responsibilities to consider. No, my drug decision consists of deciding on what drug I could potentially be on the rest of my life. Each drug has issues to consider. I hesitate using the old addage "ups and downs" because there really aren't any ups to speak of with them. Except that they are supposed to help slow down the progression of the disease.


I have one question to ask the nurse tomorrow. After that I will reponder my final decision, then put the call in to start the process.


Not too excited. Once the decision is made and I have the drugs in hand, there is a finality of "normalcy" that is gone forever from my life. Since my first, and only episode, I have felt just fine. Some timgeling here and there and the past few days my fingertips in the same hand have been feeling a bit numb. But, I was told that is a left over of the episode that has not totally cleared off and perhaps may be something that could be there the rest of my life. No big deal given the alternative.


Today we went to church. It was a particularly moving service. The sermon that my favorite pastor did was excellent. Brought many of us to tears. Just a moving time for both Jay and I.


A nice weekend overall fairly relaxing aside from Emma's new "I am 3 1/2 going on 13 and menapausal" attitude. We are working on that one.

No comments: