Thursday, January 29, 2009

Childhood book

Emma has a book called "Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day". The title to this book went through my mind many times today. As I mentioned, last night I told Jay that I had a feeling that something really good was going to happen. It seems as though the "beings above" and I really got our lines crossed. I will see if I can sumarize:


Morning:
*Jay woke up puking
*Madeline put her hand in puke that was left on the toilet - twice
*My makeup bag fell into a partially full sink
*I knelt in poop that had unknowingly fallen out of a diaper - don't ask.
*Madeline got into my lotion and spread it all over her hands, pajamas and wall.

*Jay continued puking
*Jay could not come to school because of his illness, Emma was disappointed


Mid-day:
*Had to stop for lunch because I hadn't gone to the store
*I ate McD in the car on the way. I felt like one of those people you see on undercover stories "Hiding your food addiction"
*Tried to stop for gas, the only pump open was "pay with a card" pump - I don't have a card
*Got to my friends house to drop off the girls late and with their lunches still in a bag
*Went to Dr appointment alone. Jay still puking.
*Got turned around down at the U and got confused. Finally found my way. Late.
*The parking ramp that I usually go to was full, the attendant didn't know of another place to park. Battery on phone almost dead, so couldn't call for assistance.


I will break here to say that everything with the nurse went fine. Actually it was one of the better parts of my day, funny enough. We sat and talked for about 45 minutes about lots of stuff. She is so very nice and easy to talk to. We talked about MS, the future, the drugs, family, etc. She helped me to set up my easy injector for my shots and we practiced injecting on a plastic thing. Then we did the shot in my upper arm. It was really easy and there was no pain. The needle is one of the thinest there is. And right now as I type, I feel just fine. My MS nurse said that with the "starter" shots (titration pack it is called), it is less likely that I will have side effects. When I start moving up to the higher doses in a few weeks is when we will really have to wait and see. I have kind of a dull headache, but I am really attributing it to my day and not the drugs. I will now resume my day:


*Ran out of gas on 394 on the way home from the Dr office. Unbelievable!
*My battery was almost dead on my phone so I made one call to Jay (don't know why). He said he was on his way.


Here is where I have a couple of good things.
*My phone allowed me to make andother call. I called my dear friend who had the girls. She said don't worry, everything was great.
*MNDot came to my rescue. I started sobbing to a really nice man, he smiled, filled my car with some gas, I forced him to take money for a tip.
*Madeline started gymnastics tonight. It was so fun to do it with her. No comment on the overzealous dad that was in the class with his daughter.


Today was one of those days. All in all a pretty shitty day. So many little things. Although now that everyone is sleeping I can look at it and say, I am here, I got through the shot and currently I am feeling just fine. This was a day that I really felt so alone, but realizing that I am just alone physically. Tomorrow is a new day!

No comments: