Wednesday, January 21, 2009

A Puking Sort Of Day

I was woken up this morning at 1:21am by little Maddie. It was very strange and only about the third time in her life (besides the couple of times that she has done so at Grandma Kim and Grandpa Don's house and the two nights in the hospital) that she has done that.


I went in and picked up the little cuddle bug, sang a short lullabuy and layed her back down. I walked out of her room and made a note to myself that Jodz, the cat, looked funny in the hallway. When I got closer, I realized that it wasn't Jodz, it was Emma. I swear, sometimes Madez and Emma must discuss what time to wake up. I picked up little Em and brought her back down to her room. She was a bit reluctant to go to bed, but I sang her the ABC's and told her about the improtance of all of us getting a good nights sleep and I went up to bed.



About 1/2 hour later, I heard Emma up again and went down to see what was up. She said she wanted me to cuddle with her. After a few minutes, I left promising that I would check on her in a couple of minutes. Three minutes later all was well and I went back to bed.



At 6:17 I was jolted out of bed by the undeniable sound of someone or something mid-puke. My brain quickly told me that it was louder then the cat and the dogs were downstairs. Got to the hallway to see Emma hunched over. Poor thing. No one ever wants their child to be sick, but geez they are so cuddly and lovey!


Set Emma up on the couch with some tv, water, juice and a puke bucket. After a few more rounds with loosing her lunch, so to speak, she just sat on the couch for the majority of the day. Madeline would join her periodically. They took turns falling asleep on the couch. I was in constant referee mode trying to get the girls to stop kissing each other or trying to wipe each others noses. They are such lovers toward each other, most of the time, that keeping them apart can be tough. It was driving me crazy how much tv was on today, I could practically hear their brains turning to mush. You do what you need to do to get through days like these sometimes.


As of about lunch time, Emma was fine. She ate food and even got up to play. Back to her old self again. Everyone took an early nap.


Jay came home and we had a legnthy discussion about how life can throw curve balls at you and you need to do the best with what you get. Nothing is guaranteed. We have been put to the test with that many times. I think we all do at one time or another.



I got a nice sweater on to go and ask some questions at a City Council meeting regarding some road work that we are getting charged lots of money for. This whole deal about being charged for this stuff is so irritating to me. The gal at the meeting nicely told me that if you cannot afford to pay the entire amount right away we can bill you for 6 years with some ungodly amount of interest. What the hell. I just wanted to say "you can add it to the list lady"!

Home for dinner and baths. Jay went to skate with some guys to blow off some steam and I put the girlies to bed. Hoping that all goes well tonight. Back to regular schedule tomorrow.

No comments: