Friday, January 23, 2009

My sweet babes

Observation for the day: It doesn't bother me one bit to leave the house unshowered, in sweats to hit the town with my kiddos. Boy, I am sure that my outsides look like shit, but inside I am glowing!


A day with nothing planned. That doesn't happen often, so when it does it is a nice surprise. We took a lot of time this morning playing around with almost every toy that is upstairs. I was hoping to get a move on and out the door around 10. True to form, we didn't get out of the door until 10:30. B.C. - Before Children - I was always at least on time if not early to everything!


Ran into the gym for just a little while. Due to illness and school, etc this was only the second time that I had been there this week. My workout buddy is gone on vacation so I have been left to my own devices. I did an ok job, the dull winter is starting to take a toll and not give me much incentive to do anything active.




We left the gym, swung into a car wash - doing what we can to stimulate the economy and keep daddy in a job, the on to the gymnastics gym! The girlies need a little workout as well. The were only a few other kids there so we were able to run, jump and swing our little hearts out! It was a blast. The gal that was supervising the kids noted that "there isn't much that will stop Madeline, is there?" Nope, she is just a little steam engine. Everything is funny to her and she will do all she needs to to keep up with her sister.


Emma requested a stop at Subway for lunch and we HAD to eat there. The girls were such a joy at lunch. Both on their best behavior! We spent quite a bit of time there, eating, laughing, going potty a couple of times and having dessert. During lunch, really out of no where, Emma gently took Madz hand and said, "You know what makes me happy mommy? Playing with my sister and being able to touch her and hold her hand." (I know that is exactly what she said because I made a literal note of it right away.) Oh, so sweet. Like I said, a great lunch. Home for naps and to finish a book that I had been reading.


I am really happy that I have been starting to read again. There have been some wonderful reads. And, in the 14 years that Jay and I have been together, I have very rarely seen him ever read a book. He said that the most he has ever read is since Emma was born. But, in the past few months he has found a few books and gets throught them quite quickly and likes it!

Jay came home from work ready to relax for the weekend. We were invited to Grandma Kim and Grandpa Dons house for the evening. My sister offered to make dinner.



Rachel Ray assisted in the stuffed chicken breasts. They were divine! We ate, drank, had fun and sopped up blood from Maddie's mouth meeting the floor. Poor little thing! She had a fat lip.


Came home with the girls both slumped over in the car fast asleep. Made a nice transition to bed and that is where Jay is already off in dream land. A nice relaxing weekend ahead!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Funny pic, glad to see your staying in shape, keeping busy. Really great to read. Thanks!