Sunday, January 25, 2009

My turn

I was not able to take any photos today . . . . I only have some words today!

Observation: Having the flu while you are trying to play dress up and blocks and take care of kids while trying not to get them sick is on the list of worst things!



My little alarm (Madeline) was ready to get up at 5:45. I could tell it was a cry more telling of teeth pain, then just wanting to get up. I waited a few minutes to see if she would realize how early it was. She did not. So, I went in armed with Tylenol and a lullabye. I think that I need to invent some sort of apparatus that will allow parents to see how much medicine they are giving a kid without turning the lights on.



She fell asleep for another 45 minutes. I let her cry for a couple and she fell asleep until 7:30. Unfortunatly, when I woke up, I felt like shit. My stomach hurt and just didn't feel great. So I gathered the kids, Jay was still sleeping of course, and we went to the family room and turned on the tv. Aren't there only so many brain cells that can be destroyed in a week?



When Jay got up, he realized that I was not feeling great and directed me back to bed. He got the girls dressed and they headed out the door leaving me to rest in bed all-by-myself. Just what the dr ordered. I gave thanks that I was feeling so crappy on a day that Jay was home. His company doesn't pay him for "personal" days or sick days involving taking care of the kids.



They came back several hours later. Daddy had gone to Target, Costco and lunch. I got up to play with the kiddos for a little bit before naps. We all rested.

Jay went to get some food that would satisfy us all and we chatted about the kids day with daddy. Although I wasn't able to participate in the day it was so nice that the girls were able to spend the day alone with daddy.

The evening brought about lots of relaxation time. I have always wondered what is the age that we go from not ever wanting to rest to wanting it whenever possible. I know that the latter of the two is not at 20 months. Madeline wanted me to go here and there and all around with her "mommy, come here", "mommy, walk" . . . Hoping that she is able to sleep in a little later tomorrow.

No comments: