Saturday, January 24, 2009

Lovin' the weekend

It is so great when the weekend comes and daddy doesn't have to work!! The girls are so excited and so am I.


Madz has been waking up kind of early and this morning she thought that I should get up at 6:15. A little fickin early, but she is so cute and just wanted to cuddle. I think those molars are casuing issues. However, we find most of the excitement of the weekend AFTER Jay wakes up. Since he is not a morning person, we have to tiptoe around the house until he gets up. For some reason he can't see that it is virtually impossible to keep two young'uns in a small house with an open layout quiet until 9:00.


Once everyone greeted the day, we were dressed and ready to head out. Jay and I decided that we should start doing some preliminary shopping for some items that are a necessity when our taxes come back. First on the list is looking into replacing some windows - the ones that let snow directly into the house.


We started at Menards. Found a nice man, Dirk, who knew A LOT about windows and was very willing to share all of that info. As he was talking an older gentleman came up and was patiently waiting behind him. I suggested that Dirk could answer that mans questions before finishing with us.


This man was very sweet and he was just there to thank Dirk for helping him the previous weekend with some fixes to a stair railing in his house. For some reason I knew exactly where this conversation was headed. The older gentleman turned to me and said "My wife has MS and of course she can't leave the house so I shop for her and bring things home and she will veto them or give them the ok." Hmmm. don't you just love it when you get smacked in the face with an ugly reminder and all you can say back is "that is so kind that you do that for her".


Jay and I had a heated "discussion" on our way to lunch. It wasn't an arguement, but he couldn't understand why I would let this man and his situation get to me. I tried explaining that I wasn't sad because I was living his situation, just for the fact that I can understand and talk about my MS with those that I have chosen to do so with and be just fine. But, when you are unprepared to see a stranger and see them living a life that I hope and pray that I don't have is a little disheartening. However, a burger from Lion's Tap was able to lift the spirits - this was my first time and wow, that was awesome!


That was the only running that we got done today. Jay and the kids layed down for a nap and I just relaxed in a full, but quiet house.


For dinner Jay whipped up a terrific chicken pasta dish. Holy cow it was good. Threw the girls in for a bath, then we all sat down for movie night. Jay picked up a Thomas the Train movie. It was pretty cute.
I drugged Maddie up with some Tylenol to hopefully take the edge off the molars coming, read her books and put my little bean to bed. Then Emmas turn. Being 3 1/2 is a tough time for the kids as well as the parents. Their little bodies are going through so much. One day, or I could say one hour, she will be Elvira. The next she is the sweetest little thing. Tonight was the sweet one. We cuddled, read books, then put her to bed as well. Jay and I watched a stupid comedy movie and are now on our way to bed.

No comments: