Monday, January 12, 2009

closer...

The morning started off as any typical Minnesota winter morning with a shit load of snow. The kids were so excited!

Emma helped to make eggs for breakfast, then we got dressed and ready to go to the gym. I did put in a message to the MS nurse to ask my question. By the time we actually got to the gym, I really only had about 20 minutes to workout. So, Mr Eliptical would have to settle for a quickie today. I did slide into a couple of the other machines so that I could feel like an actual "workout" was accomplished. Then we were off to Maddie's class.

Last week the class was in jeopary of being cancelled. So we put out a call to all of our friends and thankfully 3 awesome friends of mine heeded the call and joined the class. We enjoyed our time and Emma enjoyed her time with the new friends in sibling care as well.

We came home instead of making our usual stop at the store. Jay said that he would do that on our way home. So to the homestead for lunch and to play dress up and the like before nap time.

During the imaginary birthday party that we were having, I received a call from the nurse. She answered my question and provided a bit more information. Part of the real issue, which I am sure that I have voiced before, is that none of the drugs are superior to the other, so to speak. It is really just figuring out which of the side effects you would rather bear. . . . The lesser of two evils?

Jay got home and made a delicious meal, then the girlies took a nice long bath. They played and played and played.


Read Madeline books and put her to sleep with her blanket and sleeping buddies. I asked Emma to choose which game we would play after Madeline was asleep and I sat down for a minute to start typing this post. When we went downstairs to start our evening game, this is what we found. A little angel.

What is the next step you say? Well, the next step is to make a final decision. The nurse assured me that if I have more questions or want to go and see the Dr again that would be no problem. But, I feel that seeing the doctor again would be really just a delay strategy.


With my fingers feeling numb the past day, I think that my body is saying "this shit is here to stay so figure out what the hell you are going to do". Alright already! Jay and I need to sit down to have a talk about somethings. There are some life things that we wanted to do and accomplish and to become that could be hindered by the timing of the drugs and/or the side effects. We need to talk about the future and things that most young couples don't have to or hopefully don't have to worry about. We just need to find the time. Or I should say make the time.

No comments: