Thursday, January 15, 2009

Oh, the weather . . .


Well, the weather is the topic on everyones frozen faces lately. But, I have found that there is a fine line with Minnesotans about what you can and can't talk about with regards to weather.


Many of us, online, talk amongst ourselves about how cold and frozen it is, but when someone interjects their opinions we for some reason get protective. Several of the Californians love to do that!!


For example, this morning, a person from a drug company for Avonex (the drug I am not going on) called to just touch base to see if they could do anything. She had to confirm my address. When I told her what it was, she said, "Oh it is really cold there?" "Yes, it is very cold." "How can you live where it is so cold"? "It isn't always easy, but our families live here so . . ." "It is nice here in N. Carolina almost all of the time". There is something about when they ask about the cold then rub it in.


Although today I told Jay that we can move to California. If he said yes, I was ready to start the packing. But, he reminded me that several years ago he wanted to do it, but I said that I wasn't ready. Now, he couldn't leave a job he loves and family. Hmmm. I will work on that.


School was closed today because of the cold. So I packed up the girls for the gym. My workout was pretty half assed. I did all of my equiptment, but there was no oomph involved. At least I got my body working. We were invited to play at a friends house, but the little one had a cold with green snot so I passed. Opting for grocery shopping at the local establishment that actually has carryout service.


We got home, ate lunch, the girls "played" with markers (see photo above) and layed down for a nap. My MS nurse called to confirm my drug choice and to get some other information. She also asked if I would want to be a part of a study with Rebif users. I said of course. She was so thankful that I was willing. It seems almost a "no brainer" since we are all in the same boat, wouldn't we want to do all that we can to find the best course of action for this stuff??


I called Jay and asked him to swing by the store on his way home to grab the necessary items that I forgot - diapers, t.p. Although I don't think that we will be long for diapers as Madeline thinks that she is the potty expert these days.


Jay got home with the needed items as well as all of the fixins for Viera movie night. So much fun! I quickly fixed dinner while Jay dove into a legnthy project on the computer. We threw the girls in for a quick bath then downstairs to the theatre.


Showing tonight, Horton Hears a Who. Cute movie! Then stories and off to dreamland for the little ones. Jay was not far behind. An exhausting day for my guy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sleep Well...
M.