Sunday, May 31, 2009

Yesteday when Emma woke up, I reminded her that it was Maddie's birthday. Her smile immdiatly turned to a frown and said, "No, it is my birthday too. I don't want a birthday in June." Go figure, when my birthday, Jay's birthday and Madeline's birthday are all in May she doesn't want to be different and have one in June - even though it is only a week later then the rest. There is no way that we could have another kid in, say, October. Gee, the poor kid would feel like it is REALLY the black sheep of the family.



So, since next Saturday on Emma's real birthday, she has a party for a friend to go to, we told her that we would be celebrating hers today as well. She seems satisfied with that. We enjoyed breakfast, a festival, a pizza dinner all in the name of both of their birthdays. Needless to say, Emma's gifts are waitin until next week. So we have had to play referree to the new toys.




Last night we ended with a smores cookout with birthday candles in Madeline's marshmellow. What an awesome day for an awesome little girl!!




At church today it was an awesome service. It was the last day for one of the pastors, so it was an extra special service. One with lots of tears and laughs. Followed by lunch, then a day of play and the girls riding bikes (Madz got one for her birthday!). It was nice to have Jay home to help with my shot tonight. I can certainly do it by myself, but I love having his (and Emma's help).
Spending as much time together since Jay is heading out of town again first thing tomorrow morning. He will probably be 1/2 way to MI about the time I am rekindling my ongoing quest to get a decent driveway.

No comments: