Monday, May 4, 2009

walk and other

Been awfully busy lately. Trying to fulfill some of my committments that I have made, along with some others that I have picked up along the way - not that I didn't have enough stuff to do. But, we certainly manage to throw in some fun along the way.

Saturday night I went out to dinner/drinks with some friends. For lack of babysitters, Jay had to stay at home. The evening was a lot of fun.

Sunday was the big MS walk. The day couldn't have been better, weather wise. It was goergous! Jay asked me how I was feeling as we walked down to the park where the walk was being held. I told him that I wasn't sure. Being the center of attention has never ben a problem for me - making speeches, no problem! Being on tv, no problem! Organizing a board meeting, no problem! But, this is not so much fun.

Probably one of the reasons that I still do not talk about it. For some reason word still travels "about me" and "what people have heard". Yes, that really bugs the hell out of me. But, I still only talk to whom I want to about it and that way I feel more comfortable. There is something about talking to people and knowing if they are asking "how are you?" beacause they really want to know or are they really just wanting to know how the disease is treating you. . . Anyway, I digress.

The walk was really neat. There were A LOT of people there and the people from my team that came were awesome. True friends and true family members came from near far and out of town to support me/the disease. I haven't added up the total amount that was raised by my team. But, with the help of my teammates asking neighbors, friends and co-workers for money, I believe that we are over the $3000 mark!!

After the walk, we went to Grandma Kim and Grandpa Don's for a party and lunch. Super food, good conversation and a wonderful day all around!

So great to have another day filled with sunshine today! Madeline had her last mommy and me class today, then after that we were outside virtually all day. Enjoyed a great dinner of shishkabobs and such, then more time outside. That felt just great!

So much about life is amazing and interesting. Watching kids grow and learn, people and realtionships, spiritual and the concrete. So much to make you go hummmmm.....

No comments: