Thursday, May 7, 2009

Optimists

As I write this I am giggling to myself as I listen to Jay walk around the house swearing to himself because he cannot find his work belt. Jay tends to leave things on the floor wherever he takes them off (in our house we don't have room for everything to have its own place). So when he cannot find something, I prefer to see the humor since it probably was the little people in the house that "relocated" it.



A nice day - literally. Madeline and I ran around while Emma did school (no more mommy time during school). Then outside only breaking for naps and Madeline's gymnastics. It was so ice out and tempting to want to skip gymnastics. But, knowing that she had been walking around all day talking about it and she just loves going there I couldn't have her miss it!
During nap time, I spent the majority of the time on the phone talking to the local police department making sure that a friend had the best information possible for deciding how to deal with a potentially dangerous situation. Now, some of us need to work together in hopes that she might see how dangerous it could get for her and her kids.
More playing outside lead to very quick baths and bedtime all too late, but we were having too much fun together to cut it short.
Jay and I spent the evening watching a documntary show by Michael J. Fox. A pretty amazing guy with an amazing message. One that I think is valuable for everyone - a current optimist or not.

No comments: