Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Emma was here to "help" me with my shot tonight. Before she helped me push the trigger, she did some child like inquiry about what was in the shot and why I had to do it. We have talked about all of this before, but sometimes I think that they ask things again just because they want to make sure that the answer was the same. One of those times you can truly appreciate the ability to be young and naive - not just playing the part like some adults tend to do.


I would love to say that things without Jay around have been lonely, but that wouldn't be the truth. We have been so, so busy running around. Much of that is my fault for volunteering for a few organizations that need help. I love doing it, but suddenly between all of the summer activities and enjoyment, I add a whole nother level of activity. Although, busy is just how I like things.


This evening some neighbors invited us down for dinner. That was really nice. They love the kids so we all played and had a bonfire and a nice meal, and I was able to have some adult conversation (in between naughty kids who wanted to do whatever they wanted there. But, they knew that they had me since I haven't had much adult interaction for a couple of days).


Now for some reading and relaxing...

No comments: