Thursday, May 21, 2009

Sweet sadness in this day. It was the last day of school for EMma's first year of preschool. It has been soooo much fun. She has loved it! It has been a great way to see her grow. She has learned lots of scholastic things - spanish, math, patterns, writing, etc, but also many social things - sharing, kindness, manners. So Madz and I wisked Em off to her last day of school and needed to do more running to finsh all of the items needed for the secret picnic in an hour.


With sweat dripping down my pits, my hair blowing wildly behind me and Madz's head spinning from running to 4 different places in a matter of an hour then brought back to school to get things ready for the picnic. We got everything set up just in time!


Emma and the kids were so excited to see us seretly waiting for them at the picnic tables with the party ready to go. It was a lot of fun. Food and fun for the kiddos. I had brought T-shirts and paint for the kids to do hand prints for the teachers (forgot to take a picture). Poor Madeline was left to her own devices for a while. But, she quickly found a way to entertain everyone. She, at one point, had ALL of the kids in Emma's class shouting in some sort of "right of passage" and following her around the pavillion. It was hilarious. Before we went home we swung into Emma's classroom to claim the classroom frogs/tadpoles that we said we would take at the end of school. We knew that our waterfall would provide a nice home for them. They were introduced to their new home and seem to love the flowing water and rocks.


When the kids went down for naps, I took full advantage. I potted all of my flowers. Just awesome! A decent day, much less wind and peace and quiet. One of those times that my MS is completly forgotten about (that doesn't happen all too often). But, it is funny, because all of a sudden I will remember that I forgot to remember it. A wonderful way to feel how life was for me back before October.


Madeline and Emma had their typical fake fight that they do on Wednesdays and Thursdays. "My 'nastics?" one of them will ask the other "No, my 'nastics", then it will morph into "Daddy's 'nastics"? This generally goes on all day long. It is really cute. Maddie added in "My "nastics night. I'm excited." She is a very good talker - and did very well tonght at HER 'nastics. The coach commented at how much she has changed and advanced from when she started.


Some more play, dinner then shot night. Things are going just fine with the shots and I feel like a normal person. I have an appointment with my MS dr tomorrow for a follow up visit for the study that I volunteered for. It should be a quick appointment. Hoping that the girls will cooperate.


Gald today is done. The picnic was a blast, some terrific memories and an overall great day. But, it is nice to mark one "big" thing off my to do list. Things will start to settle down next week because Jay will be gone all next week and probably the several following weeks as well....

No comments: