Sunday, May 17, 2009

Birthday weekend


A nice weekend, especially when the weather finally cooperated on Sunday to wrap up a great day.


Saturday morning Jay took the girls out to run errands, and I headed off to a "support group for people who are mildly effected by MS. It was an interesting place to be. A small group of 6 in a church room. Each filled me in on their "story". Some great, some not as great. It was hard to tell how if effected some of them on a daily basis because for the most part they have been living with it for many years - from 6 to 23 years of diagnosis. I gave my "story" and they were all very supportive. Everything that I said each and every one of them could give examples of when that happened to them. It was very comforting to be in a room of "normal looking" people and to know that in certain ways they are just like you. An unspoken know-how of life comes along with that.


That evening Grandma Kim anad Grandpa Don came over for an early birthday dinner. Jay made a terrific (as always) dinner. We stuffed ourselves and then stuffed ourslves again with dessert.


Sunday came early with Madz still insisting on waking up between 5:45 and 6:30. We cuddled for a while and layed low. Emma came up the stairs with a BIG "Happy Birthday Mommy!" in which Maddie followed up with the same. They are so sweet! We shuttled off to church then to McD's. The rest of the day was filled with work on the garden, play and more work on the garden. The weather was goergous and being outside was a must. We took full advantage. Jay and the girls gave me some herbs and veggies to grow and we got those going in pots.


A fun dinner of pizza with Auntie and an early night. I am ready for sleep - not just to go to bed, but to sleep. I am a tired old lady!


Oh yeah, my photos will be less then thrilling for a while. My camera broke and I have been using Emma's. Santa brought her a decent little digital camera, but it doesn't work quite the same.... The picture today is from Madeline packing up a suitcase with Emma's slippers on and saying that she was leaving. She is already running away!

No comments: