Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mothers Day




Photos: Madeline was playing with Jay's air compressor that was outside and the other photo was taken by Emma when I was videotaping the girls.



It seems that no matter how late Maddie goes to bed, she always seems to know when 6:30am is. But, she always gets up in such a happy mood that it is hard not to share in some smiles.



We read some books and shortly after that Emma woke up. I told her that it was very early for her to get up and she said "But, it is Mothers Day, I wanted to tell you to have a good day!" Very sweet. Jay got up a little while later. We made our Mothers Day phone calls.



Jay gave me a very funny card then was off to his first call for work. The girls and I got ready for church and made it there on time.



After church Jay was home, but was anticipating more calls coming in so the girls and I ate a quick lunch then went to one of the grandma and grandpa's house to deliver the special gifts that the girls made. We wanted to make sure everyone got them today. But, we are going to have to continue the giving for a few more days until we can meet up with everyone. We spent some time visiting, then came home to nap.



I dozed off while watching golf - Tiger was fading fast in the standings anyway - only to be awoke by Jay standing over me saying that he was off to a call and would be back around 9pm. Ugh, day in the life of a car wash mechanic.





It made for a quiet mothers day evening, but we spent most of the night outside learning how to play nicely with each other, ate a fancy meal of turkey dogs, cauliflower and canteloupe, then for a small walk, and just as the girls were getting into the bath Jay came home.




Then off to bed. I am tired and secretly hoping Madz will sleep n a bit later tomorrow. But, I need to get back into a better workout routine. My ass tells me so.






The bedt quote of the day: Emma asked "How does Madeline know that I am her sister?" I explaned the obvious - You are kind to her, you have the same mommy and daddy, you live in the same house, etc. . . . Then Emma said, "no, in her brain, how does she REALLY know that we are sisters?" Humm, still trying to come up with the right answer for that.

No comments: