Monday, May 11, 2009

Rise and shine - I do not do so much shining at 6:30am. Unfortunatly, I think that my body may be getting used to this and it isn't QUITE as hard to get up.

As I was making the girls breakfast this morning I noticed two men from the city milling around our driveway. Knowing that they were going to re-do our road and possibly look at the part of our driveway that was failing because of their curbs, I didn't think much about it.


Thankfully I took note of the situation a half hour later, because the big trucks had moved in and started tearing things up! This surprised me since I didn't think that they were starting for another week. Within a couple of minutes they had the bottom third of our driveway torn up. Luckily they were able to help us get out of the riveway and off to Great-grandma and grandpas house.


Spent some time there playing and having fun. Grandpa Al also came for lunch and some play.


Came home to find our road and riveway being worked on by lots of people. Amongst the excitement I was ablt o get the girls down for naps.


After naps we spent time watching all of the action, then made our way to the backyard for some relaxing time.

The rest of the evening was spent mostly outside talking with the neighbors about the road and what is next to come. Funny how a little upheval in the area will bring out the conversationalist in everyone!


I need to get up early to make some phone calls to the city about how to deal with the driveway deal. There is no way we can afford a new driveway, so does the rest of it just stay in the horrible state that it is in? Ugh.....


These photos came from the other night when Jay was pretending to ride a motorcycle for the girls. They thought he was hilarious!

No comments: