Saturday, May 9, 2009

Yesterday was a nice day. A rare one in that the girls and I did not leave the house. Let me rephrase, we did not go in the car anywhere. We spent the day working on our Mothers Day crafts, walking to the park and just playing around the house. It felt good.



Today Jay had to work, which always puts a hamper on plans to work around the house and yard, but that comes as part of the life of a car wash mechanic.




I dropped the girls off at Grandma Kim and Grandpa Don's this morning and I headed off to a jewlery party at a girlfriends house. The ewlery was beautiful, but it was at a freinds house who I haven't seen forever! She is so special and a dear friend from college. She has a big business - her own business - as a pediatric dentist so she is very busy and our schedules usually don't mesh. So this was a good excuse to see her. Thankfully the girls weren't with me. My girlfriend and one of her other friends have au pairs (nanny's) and they were in charge of the kiddos. My girls would not have had anything to do with hanging out with two foreign gals that they don't know!




Came back to get the girls and Grandma Kim took me shopping for a Mothers Day plant. We decided on a beautiful Jasmine plant. It smelled so nice in the car on the way home.




The girls took awesome naps. It allowed me time to sit down and do nothing besides watch golf. Lovely!




When Jay got home we packed up and headed to Maynards for an early Mothers Day dinner with Grandma Kim and Grandpa Don and Auntie. A wonderful time, lots of laughs (mostly provided by our girls), nice food and a fabulous exchange of Mothers Day gifts (I got a beautifully decorated plate from the girls to hang on the wall).




With our stuffed bellies we rolled home and made our way to bed. I am headed there now. However, knowing that Justin Timberlake is on Saturday Night Live tonight, I am sure that I won't be going to bed too early. He has the funniest bits on that show!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

good night......and...

Happy Mother's Day

You are a wonderful "MOMMY"
You always give 100% of yourself to the girls.

I cannot even put into words how I feel of the kind of Mom, wife,daughter you are.

I just "SMILE" when I think about it.
Love you, M