Thursday, May 28, 2009

Got a slow start to the day. It is Jay's birthday. The first time in almost 15 years that we have ever been apart for one. I was sad to think about him spending the entire day stuck in a car wash in the middle of no where without anyone to acknowledge his birthday. Thank goodness that the sun was shining, it gave incentive to getting out the door and to the gym. Didn't have much oomph for it, but figured it had been a week since I had been there. My ass has been extra frumpy.



Spent about 25 minutes on the treadmill - don't want to overdo it! Then on to cash in an awesome gift card at the local flower nursery. The girls and I spent lots of time looking at and smelling all sorts of flowers. But, as with any place, our time came to a close when my little natives started getting restless. Made it home unscathed dispite the car that decided to abruptly stop in the middle of the highway.


We came home to find our driveway and curb looking like this. Apparently the yahoos - I mean, cement contractors - decided to take another stab at it. Hoping that the results will be a bit better this time. Guessing that I will have to babysit lots of grown men when they begin grading and sodding our lawn. We enjoyed an awesome picnic outside.


With nap time, came some laundry and TLC for my flowers. Attempting to get the house in decent shape for Jays return tomrrow.


All day today, as is on most gymnastics days, Madeline would walk around asking with serious inquisition "My 'nastics tonight? I excited!" or she would joke "Emma's 'nastics? No, my 'nastics on Thursday." It was a bit hectic without Jay there to keep Emma in the observation area. She was certianly a "big helper" tonight. They have fun together, but it is a little like herding wild cats with their love of gymnastics and so much to do.


Enjoyed some grillable foods from the stove, more playtime outside, quick bath and bedtime. I am determined to finish up this book tonight - I have to find out if he gets convicted... - Then a busy day for tomorrow!
The girls and I made lots of calls to Jay and I think everytime Emma sang the birthday song to him. Jay also received the birthday cards we sent to his hotel. I am glad that he knows that we didn't forget his big day!

No comments: