Wednesday, May 6, 2009

the hulk

Right now my camera is MIA - actually I think it is in my purse, but don't have the patience to hunt it down. So no photos today . . .

The girls and I headed to a meeting that I had this morning for an early childhood advocacy group that I am a part of. The girls had a great time plaing in the child care room and we adults got lots accomplished in the big peoples room. Had a discussion if I would help chair the group and I agreed. Should be an interesting and fullfilling experience.

Afterward I told the girls that we could go to the park efore we head home for a picnic (I had't thought ahead enough to pack lunch to bring to the park). Off we went to the park. Had a great time. Madeline is a monkey. No really, I think that she is half monkey - or at least part boy. That kid can and will crawl on everything! We were getting ready to leave and one of Emma's friends from school came. They had brought Wendy's to eat for lunch. That set off a firestorm with Emma. Screaming and hollering about how she hates all of the food at our house and she doesnt want to eat, etc. I calmly explained that I didn't have any money to stop anywhere and we had food at our house. That was no help. So I had to get the full body set up to go in for the take-down.

I picked Emma up and with almost all of my might, got her strapped into her car seat. She is screaming and kicking and hollering at the top of her lungs the whole time so this wasn't as easy as you would think. Yes, the kid does only weigh about 28lbs, but she can put up a fight! About a mile down the road she wanted a hug and a kiss (still out of control, but wanting some love) so I pulled the car over, got out and gave her some love and we carried on our way home. Eventually we got to have our damn picnic. She forgot how bad our food was by then.

Lots of play and an awesome gymnastics class for Emma. Then more play outside. In between rain showers we got out for a walk. Madz rode in the stroller and Emma insited on walking. It was nice beause we held hands and talked about lots of stuff.

To bed for us all! Before midnight? I doubt it.

No comments: