Friday, May 15, 2009

Nothing accomplished

I had so many grandios plans of things that I was going to get done today. Not sure that I crossed even one of them off of my list.


This morning started out again with another impromptu meeting with the city engineers and the contractors working on our road. I quickly dressed and met the guys in our driveway. Thankfully they agreed with me and are going to replace more of the driveway then we had orginally thought. We got a quote for the rest of the driveway, but we cannot afford to have that done. At the end of the day, one of the contractors came up to me and said that he does cement work on the side so if we need it a bit cheaper. I am always up for helping the little people!


Quickly got Emma out the door to her playdate. The mom of the little boy, whose house she was going to, is very nice. She has some funny little quirks - more so then the rest of us, I think. One of the things that she does is have a playdate over for an hour and that is about it. However, I think that it is probably good for her son. He is highly intellegent and an only child, so when it is time to go he tells you to get your shoes on and go. While Emma was there I attempted to get some things done with Madz, but not much accomplished withint that hour.


Picked Emma up and headed out again to complete somethings on the list. After hitting Menards and Home Depot, I struck out and we hit lunch. Emma, in a very adult tone, said that she would like to go out to eat, just her and I sometime so that we could sit and talk together. Very sweet. She and Madeline, and me for that matter, are together ALL of the time. The girls play and interact together all day long. And we need to make a better effort of doing those things with them by themselves. Heck, Jay and I need to take some time together by ourselves - another topic for a different day.


Home for some play and naps. The girls got up about when Jay was pulling back into town from WI. On the way home we had a "discussion" that we had differeing view points on, so I didn't greet him with the biggest "welcome home" - but, the girls did and that is what matters.


Jay surveyed the damage, I mean, the progress on the driveway, talked with some neighbors, then his brother arrived for a chat. We had an agreeable discussion and talked about things that needed to be discussed. The girls made a mess out of the dining area - have to be noticed in a room full of adults who aren't focued on you, right? He left and we ate dinner and put the girls to bed.


Madeline was up at 5:45 this morning. The earliest that she has ever gotten up. Since Jay was gone I was on a bit more of a hightened awareness so getting up wasn't hard today. Just hoping that she will get a BIT more tomorrow!

No comments: