Friday, April 24, 2009


Such a nice mellow day with beautiful weather - for the most part. We had nothing planned today. That hasn't happened for at least the past two weeks. We went to the gym for a little bit then the rest of the day was play, play, play - all outside. I also got another cleaning up of my garden done and some time to survey the plants.


Near dinner time the weather changed and got pretty darn chilly, so we came in. But, it ws bath night so we were able to pass the night with that.


Maddie was so tired. I think that she is going through a growth spurt that also includes getting in the last two of her last molars. She doesn't sleep in any later in the morning, but she sure wants to sleep in the day.


Emma was ready for bed. One of the books we read talked about having tickle torture before bed. So, of course, Jay ad I had to oblige the child. And tickle torture we did. She probably almost peed her pants. Then we were all laughing so hard because Jay thought Em looked green like she was going to throw up. . . Probably had to be there.


Each night when I sit down to write, I have to think back through the day. I write about what

stands out. Sometimes during the day, something will happen and I make a mental note to write about it in the evening. However, the small, funny things that make each day great start to run together because the kids bring out so many of them they tend to be hard to remember.... They are just so funny.

No comments: