Thursday, April 2, 2009

Life's crazy ways

We made it through school today without any puke or emergency phone calls. Then on to a "business meeting" at the local McD's. Actually it is a moms meeting place and a place for kids to get out some energy before nap. The majority of the time was spent speculating and discussing the path of life and hoping that all is well in the world of our friend.

Since we got to lunch early and were done early, we met up with Super Mary for some shopping in anticipation of our schmorgasboard tomorrow evening.


By the time we were done shopping, the girls were done. Tired and crabby. When we got home they went right to bed. I did a little business on the computer.


Jay got home and I started dinner. Before dinner was done we headed off to Maddie's gymnastics. Grandma Kim and Grandpa Don came to cheer her on. Madz was in a crazy sort of mood so she put on a real show. Then back home to finish making dinner.


Jay's crabbiness and scarcastic mood were getting on my nerves so I was excited at the possiblity of going out with the girls tonight. I put my little ones down and made a couple of calls. One girlfriend was still busy with her book club while my other friend - the one who needed a drink more then anyone - was exhausted from a day of going down a path that she never dreamed of being on.


So here I am, crabby-pants (aka Jay) is in bed without so much as a "good night", huh . . . and I am tired, that is where I should be too. Hoping for a nice day tomorrow.

No comments: