Saturday, April 11, 2009

Beautiful days

I have been grotesquely (sp?) tardy on my posts here. I am sure that you are all just sitting there baited breath waiting to see what I have been doing with my exciting life. Well, wait no more, here I am!!


Yesterday was lots of running around. A highlight during the day was spending time with my lovely friend who just had a beautiful bundle of joy not too long ago. We enjoyed lots of nice time together and the kiddos played.


The evening brought about the other highlight of the day. Jay and I got together with some other friends for a very casual, low key night together. One friend is starting out on a new life and is traversing through the legal system. Wow, that is a complex deal. I guess when the other person that you are dealing with is a . . . never mind. I know that this is my blog and will say what I wish. But, in this case, until the legal crap is over I will save my words.


This morning, we all got up, put on our grubby clothes - Emma was a little less grubby. She always must dress her best and be fancy - that is what she says. Ran to the home improvements store for a very small amount of home improvement - just some wood chips and a rake. The rest of the day was spent primping the outside of the house for spring.


It was awesome ucovering the garden from it's den of dead leaves to reveal so many things popping up and showing themselves. I will post pictures of that tomorrow.


Dinner was our first official grill out. Burgers and brats - a staple in our house in the warm weather!

What a terrific day. No plans, no one expecting us anywhere at anytime. And lots of outside time. Just great!

No comments: