Monday, April 27, 2009

yard work

By the time we got moving out the door, I knew my workout would be fairly short. But, we made it there none the less. Spent a little time on the treadmill, then we slide out the door to our next stop of Madeline's class.


Maddie hasn't been such a ham in class - just a little less goofy - but, she is even more outwordly loving. She has always been a very affectionate kid, just now she is such a funny little thing with big hugs for mommy and daddy.


After class we came home, ate lunch and had a few discussions about how to help clean up toys when we are done playing with them. Also, talked on the phone with Auntie Ash about life and learning. It ended up being a somewhat brief conversation.


Naptime brought about some phone calls and getting some other details together for some different things I have going on. And Jay came home early enough to be here for when the girls woke up. We ran to the store and had a yummy taco dinner.


I have realized that dinner time around the table is just so much fun. The statistics must be right when they say that families who eat together are stronger. We just have so much fun. I don't remember exactly what was said (damn MS brain) but, the girls were just hilarious. At one point Jay turned to me and asked if he was really watching this or if he was on a diferent planet. So many laughs.



The rest of the night we hung out outside. A bit chilly for my bones, but it doesn't get much better so we had to take advantage. We watched Jay cut down a tree in the backyard and mow the lawn. We came in to get ready for bed and I was trying to have a phone conversation. Madz just sat at the window watching Jay finish the lawn shouting "daddy, daddy". Think of "Steeeelllllaaa, Sttttelllllllaaaa". She was so pathetic, but so very sweet.


I was short new batteries in the camera, so I do not have proof that Jay did all of this work. But, he did! I am sure that I will be hearing about it tonight when he is asking for a backrub!

No comments: