Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Florida



We are here and we made it. Well, we made it just fine VERY late on Sunday night. But, because we are in an older building with so-so internet service we were not able to get on until now.



The weather has been pretty chilly. Upper 50's to low 60's, but the wind has been very, very chilly. Yesterday, we suggested to Emma that she wear a coat when going outside. She said something to the effect of "this is FLORIDA, I shouldn't have to wear a jacket"!!




The girls and I are still battling our colds. I think I have had this crap for about 2 months. Between a cold and 2 bouts with the flu I have had enough!! Madeline still has a slight cough and runny nose and Emma is almost back to normal. This has gone on way too long.



Yesterday we spent time at a park and an awesome aquarium here on the key. Today we putzed around, found another park and had lots of playtime for the girls. They just love it and so do we!



Tonight we had our outdoor photos on the beach. It was cold as hell!! I am not sure how they are going to turn out since we were all shivering so much. The kids were just great troopers. Shivering their little lips off. . . But, the beach was beautiful and the sunset was great. Hopefully there will be couple of photos where we aren't as blue.



Tomorrow, Jay is off to golf and Emma decided that she wants to take up tennis. She and Grandma are going to hit the courts for what promises to be a rousing match. Then I think some swimming.


The weather is supposed to get a lot better tomorrow (uper 70's) and the rest of the week. Lets cross our fingers. Either way we ar ehving a great time and really enjoying the chance to be outside in the fresh air! I am typing this as we speak outside listeing to the waves. The swimming pooli is 20 feet out our door and just another 5 feet beyond that i the beach and the ocean. Can't ask for much better then that!

Back inside for reality. Another shot. Things are going fine. I have found that I get a headache and am a little achey, but that is about it. It isn't terrible!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad your having fun.Relax and enjoy

Miss you guys...L,M