Thursday, March 19, 2009

One more day!


School days are always fun. Since we had't been to Thursday school (the day where I stay with Emma for part of her day) for 2 weeks, we were all excited to go.


We had a lot of fun in the "mommy" portion of class - that isn't totally accurate, that is one dad and one grandma among us. But, fun none the less.


After school, Emma pleaded with me to go to McD's. We haven't been there in a couple of weeks, so we splurged. With it being such a nice day out, I thought that it wouldn't be busy. Perhaps everyone else go that memo as well. The play area was packed. The girls played around a bit, then we went home.


We played American Idol, Emma's favorite and school. Then it was nap time. I tried to snooze, but of course, the ONE day that I do that the phone rings off the hook. So I got up and did some organizing.


Madeline and Emma woke up, took in a little Seasme Street then we were off to gymnastics for Madz. Both of the girls absolutly LOVE ging to their class. They arue with me whose night it is. Since Jay has been out of town so much Emma has been "helping" me out at Madelines class. Actually she has used that as a guise to doing her own tricks and tumbling. Constantly reminding her that this is the "babies class". She does a good job, but it is so hard to keep a good focus on Madeline. She is a maniac and loves to run, so she needs all the supervision she can get.


Stopped at Byerlys on the way home. Picked up a miriad of things to make up dinner for all of us. When we got home I had received a message from my girlfriend letting me know that she had just given birth to a beautiful little boy. I think that we will go and meet him tomorrow! Can't wait!


Us girls all relaxed a bit tonight, then it was bedy-by time for the girls. They were very good today. It will be terrific to have Jay home tomorrow, if it is only for a couple of days. We all miss him so very much and the girls have been so antsy for him to be here. As challenin as it has been several of the days, I have been thankful to have a few days "alone" with the girls - although they get me alone everyday. But, it has been a great way to really reflect on the awesome kids they are. Also, to see how important it is for us to be together as a family. We make up one terrific unit.
Jay has a big surprise for Emma when he gets here. I wonder if Madeline will be left out?? Hope not.

No comments: