Tuesday, March 10, 2009

The gimp



Last Saturday, when we were in Florida, we were getting ready to go to a function with Grandpa Jim and Grandma Cheryl. Before we got dressed, I was walking along the beach with Madeline and then came to look at the pool. As we were coming inside Maddie tripped and fell. It wasn't a big fall, she cried just a little.


When we got in she started to scream and favor her left arm. We contimplated going to urgent care. But during my time in the shower, Jay reported that the girls were wrestling and all was well. So we went on with our evening without incident.


Fast forward to today. After the gym we went or a playdate with our favorite little man and Super Mary. As we were putting out of their driveway, Madz wanted me to kiss her finger. I grabbed her finger, gave it a kiss and she started to scream.


We got home and I gave her some Tylenol. Her arm was limp and she cried when I tried to move it at all. Knowing it was nap time and nothing would get done in the Dr's office without a good nap from the kid, she went to bed.



When she woke up, she still wouldn't lift her arm. I went to urgent care.


Of course, after x-rays and exam they found nothing wrong. Sent us on our way with no more then well wishes. I hate that. Not that I wanted her to have something wrong, but it is easier to fix something when you can find what is wrong!


So, gimp or no gimp, that is our question. . . . Jay thinks that she is putting on a show or me. I am not so sure. As the evening went on tonight she seemed a bit better, then she would cry at the movement. She is not a stupid kid, so honestly, I wouldn't put it past her that she is working for some sympathy votes.



We ate a late dinner and I had a shot - unfortunatly, we are not talking about a yummy adult treat. Just a subdermal injection. Jay and I were on different pages about when I was ready for the actual shot to go in and it hurt like hell. Bad timing on all of our parts. Of course, Jay pulled a typical "well, if you are going to complain about how I do it, then I won't do it". He forgets that it is my leg and I saw it was too deep. Whatever, try again on Thursday. Many more options to do over!



No comments: