Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Another Day

I am going to have to dig up a photo for this post. I didn't take any today as my batteries were dying out. Just haven't had a chance to replace them yet. (Picked out a random shot from FL. The girls were standing in front of a giant underwater mural.)

Off to school for Emma. Dropped her off and gave a call to my friend that I was supposed to go and visit this morning to meet the new little man in her life. But, she was able to sleep in a bit and was concerned that her house was a mess (please!! She forgot who she was talking to!) and asked that we reschedule.


So Madeline and I packed up and headed home so I could change for a trip to the gym. Got in a very nice long workout, hit all of the major stuff with mild enthusiasum. Back to pick my Em up from school. A dear friend of mine invited us out for lunch and we accepted.


Had a wonderful lunch with thoughtful conversation and play and interaction for the kids. Checked on our sump pump to make sure that it was running and geared up for naps. I have a list of things that I need to do while the girls are sleeping. But, by the time they go to bed, those things seem far less important then a moment of relaxation. Will have to work on that list tomorrow.


The girls woke up and Auntie stopped over. Emma was so excited that she was going to have another spectator this evening.


The girls fought over whose "turn" it was tonight for class. They both love to go there is always conversation between them about it. Madeline inevitably will come downstairs with her leotard and will try pathetically to put it on.


After class we came home for a gourmet meal of Hamberger Helper. Then baths, stories, Emma helped me with a shot in the buns, a long call to daddy, then nighty night.


This morning I swore to myself that I would go to bed early tonight and I really should just pack it in and go to bed . . . But, I am going to sit up for a little bit and enjoy the silence.

No comments: