Saturday, March 7, 2009

Sounds of the waves

Here I am on our last evening here in Florida. I am munching on Doritos, typing this, listening to the sounds of the waves all outside, next to the pool in my T-shirt and light pants. Dreading the arrival home.



Don't get me wrong, I love my life in MN. I have the greatest friends and most of my family is there. But. wow, there is so much of me that gets lost in the winter. It is hard to think about all of these people who "winter" in Florida leaving their families behind. any of our friends have relatives who fly back and forth often. But, there is so, so much that they miss while being gone. Once you come down here you can't blame them for being gone for a while. MN is my favorite place for about 3 months out of the year, the rest of the time I could be anywhere else that is warm!



We saw the stallions today. That was very cool. It wasn't a full show, it was one of their practice sessions. They do some incredible things. I will hopefully get a few photos up sometime soon.


We finished out the evening with a stop at Ben and Jerry's for some ice cream and a dip in the pool.




We will pack up tomorrow. I hope to spend the majority of the morning on the beach with the girls taking advantage of our last hours before our day of travel begins. Taking into consideration doing one of my shots at the airport.




I will not be writing tomorrow night but after that we will probably be back to our normal schedule . . .

No comments: