Wednesday, March 11, 2009

A big ol' mess

No desire to hit the gym today. With all of those Girl Scout cookies looming over me, it seems a bit futile to even go anyway. Jay left early this morning for a 2 day trek around Wisconsin doing important car wash repairs.


We finalized plans for a playdate with some friends and headed out the door. I don't think that it could get much colder then it was. I decided right then and there, that if Jay is to find a job in warmer weather, then I am gone in an instant. What is the purpose to continually say how much you hate it if you will never do anything about it. With that being said, he is not actively looking for a job. He loves the one he has. But, if something were to fall in his lap . . .





Arrived at the playgroup with a couple of my most favorite friends and their kiddos/grandkids. I am so lucky to have such wonderful friends. The older kids were getting along great. Things got very quiet for quite a while. We should have know better.



Upon further investigation, we found the upstairs in total shambles. That is no exaggeration. One photo is just a small part of the bathroom. It doesn't include the two bedrooms, the landing and the rest of the bathroom. It is not that they were just destroying things to make a mess. They were really playing. What they were playing, who knows. But, at this point they had poured 2 FULL bottles of shampoo/baby wash on themselves and in the tub and all over. So we stripped them down and all 5 girls got in the bath. I cannot post some of the cute photos that were taken. But, trust me it was funny. Soap suds were over flowing the tub, the drain spout and all over everyone.


One of the gals took all of the kids downstairs to feed them lunch. My other friend and I took a good half an hour to make a dent in the destruction.



Home for nap and dinner of Jambalaya. The staple meal that is by Emma's request when Jay is out of town. Spent a little bit of time chatting via the computer with a college friend that I haven't had a chance to talk with for a while. Sadly found that she has been encountering some struggles in life and has to make some changes. Did not discuss my life changes purposely. No reason to. But, I will also probably see her this summer at the reunion for my sorority house.



Emma was not interested in eating for some reason. I told her that even if she is not hungry and doesn't want to eat, she needs to sit at the table with the family. She said, "But, we aren't a family. Daddy isn't here."








We hung around and put Maddie to bed. Although Emma was fighting me to put on jammies, she sure didn't have a problem falling asleep.

No comments: