Friday, June 5, 2009


We have been so, so busy lately that days all seem to be melding into one. With each day I think "things have settled down." But, soon comes dinner and bed time and I realize that I haven't called back half of the people that I meant to and I still have about 10 emails that I have yet to respond to. All the while I am feeling great! Things, body wise, are very well!


Yesterday we took advantage of the few and far between nice days that Minnesota has. We went to the pool for a good portion of the day. The girls LOVED it! Unfortunatly, I left my camera in the car and draggin the kids kicking and screaming out the car to get the camera wasn't appealing. We played and played. Emma, the daredevil that she is, head first (no litterally, just figurativly) into the water. I am pretty certain that she was born without the "fear gene". Thankfully I am always, always close by. She looked like a floater a couple of times. A pretty relaxing rest of the day from some tired little ones. Madz seemd to get her oomph back fo gymnastics.


Today, Emma got to have a couple of birthday celebrations. Grandma Kim picked her up and brought her to the flower nursery. They put together their own fairy garden. It is so very cute and Emma spent A LOT of time out playing with it. She has a great imagination! Then a nice lunch outside by the lake with Auntie, Grandma, Madz, Emma and me.


Then without much of a nap for either kid, they got ready for a dinner out with Grandma Cheryl and Grandpa Jim. Emma calmly said "I guess I don't mind opening gifts before dinner". She got a doll house that she (ad Madeline) were very excited about.


While the girls were off at dinner, Jay and I enjoyed some time alone at home. We don't get much time, if ever, alone. But, we certainly aren't alone at home without them. It was great. We had a nice dinner and things were very relaxed and quiet.


The girls got home after having a great time. Emma was concerned that she missed my shot. I assured her that the fun wouldn't be again until Sunday night. We played, baths, played, said good night to the fairy garden and went to bed. Wondering if Madz might be exhausted enough to sleep until 7am?? My little baby is 4 tomorrow!

No comments: