Wednesday, June 10, 2009

No really, I AM going to bed tonight before 11pm! This cold has taken hold and is running me down. It was so hard to get up this morning. But, that is what I get for going to bed at 1am with this nasty cold looming.


I just put the girls to bed. Before they went to bed we called Jay in Iowa to say good night. After they got off the phone I realized how truly annoyed I am with him being out of town. In his job he can't just take time to talk or have time to give a call. So in the past 4 weeks that he has been out of town we really haven't TALKED much. So when the weekend comes we work so hard to try to catch up, do stuff around the house and going here and there. We haven't been able to plan the girls birthday party for their friends (Emma talks about it everyday, so there is no getting out of it), we haven't been able to talk about bills or just everyday things. Yes, lots of men work out of town, but many of them have jobs that allow them more "free" time.....Yep, we are happy that he has a job obviously. But, this out of town stuff is wearing on both of us!


Emma had her last gymnastics tonight. She had fun and did a good job. Madeline was just as happy to be able to take advantage of the sucker and stamp that accompany the last day of gymnastics. Now I need to work on signing them up for their summer classes that start next week! Ugh!


I had a great phone conversation with a friend of mine. I wrote a letter of recommendation for her for a job opening. Since I have a lot of volunteer experience with the area she was looking into she wanted me to write a letter. The letter came out pretty good and she called to thank me and to tell me how much she loved me. She said that she has always felt that we were old spirits together. So very sweet!

No comments: