Monday, June 8, 2009


Geez, I had it all set to get to bed early! Then I sucked into getting caught up on emails that I haven't yet returned.... Still not caught up.


I was wide awake at 4am. Thankfully no one in the house was. I didn't feel great. And as Jay kissed me on the way out to Iowa and Madeline woke up, I knew I didn't feel good. Did what I never do, brought Madz into bed with me, as I needed a bit more sleep.


When I pulled myself out of bed, I had what can only be described as "flu like symptoms" - a typical side effect which can come from Rebif and I did have a shot last night. I had a terrible headache and really achy all over. I thought it strange that after almost 6 months on the drug NOW I get one of these side effects. So, needless to say, I was moving a bit slow all day long.


We made it to the library for the storytime then to the gym for a half assed workout. I haven't been there in about 2 weeks - can certainly see and feel the effects of that!


Bright and early this morning, one of my trusty guys from the City offices called and was eager to set up a meeting with me, the owner of the cement contractors that are doing the road/driveway and himself. I set a meeting up for 2:30, hoping that it would be quick so that I could have time to rest.


To spare you all the gorey details, I was not budging on my feeling that they needed to re-pour our driveway, they didn't seem to interested in that. In the end, we are getting a new driveway poured (not the whole thing, just the portion that they originally fixed). Thank God, now I can go lay down. I fell into a deep sleep.


With this totally crappy weather, everthing feels blah again. Stuck in the house tring to pass the time, especailly with Jay being gone. We played games, the girls watch Seasme Street which they were excited about, and played house. We worked our way to dinner and bed time. Sometime in between eating and bed, I took some ibuprofin to try and get rid of the body aches and headache. It did wonders almost immediatly. Started to feel not so crappy.


One of the highlights of the day, was that our friend Casey Carlson (she was on American Idol) was on one of the local tv talk shows this afternoon! They asked her a question about her fans and she talked (using her name and all) about Emma! Emma was thrilled and couldn't beleive that she was talking about her! Too fun. Then she emailed me and asked what Emma thought about that. Casey is such a sweet, sweet girl.

No comments: