Monday, June 15, 2009


Jay was off to the lovely "DuPuke", Iowa - as we calls it - bright an early this morning. Come to find out later, his van ws not thrilled to go their either because it broke down near Waterloo.


The girls have been sleeping much better which is great until you have to get up and going for something, then you really need to kick it into gear. So with 15 minutes before Emma's Vacation Bible School started, I hopped in the shower, fed Madeline breakfast and got her dressed, got Emma up, packed her things for class, stopped and got her a muffin and was only 5 minutes late for class. Wow, I amaze myself sometimes. But, on the other hand, that was moving far too fast!


Emma gave Madz and I quick kisses and was eager to get into class - yes, this is the class that she didn't want to go to. Madz and i swung into the gym for a quick workout which turned even quicker when I got going an realized how blsted hot it was in there, then off to the library for story time and to church to pick up Emma.


This evening the girls and I went to a art/book thing at the library. It is only a little over a mile away, but I haven't taken that walk for a while. Needless to say, it is a much different walk when you are pushing a double stroller with 50 lbs of kid in it! But we made it, did some art then made our way to Subway and home.

On our way home, Emma referenced her birthday party that she wants to have with her friends. She said "But, I will tell you when I want to have it". I said ok, but when might you want to do it? She said "I will let you know. I have to wait until I know that daddy can be there." Poor kid, they are both missing him. I said f course daddy will be there, he wouldn't miss it. But, she made sure that I was clear and said "I don't want to plan it without daddy". At the end of this week into next week he should be here doing a job right down the street. Yeah!


No comments: