Thursday, December 18, 2008

Wednesday and Thurs

This is going to be a breif catch up on the past couple of days. Jay is trying to get to bed and he hates to hear the "click, click, click". I tell him that he is just going to bed too early. I will have to forgo a photo on this post. . .

On Wednesday, Jane, Liz and I were trying to find something "different" to do for the kids. Liz thought up "Just Jump". It is a warehouse that is just filled with lots of blow up jumping things. The kids love it, it is realativly safe and a great place for the couped up kiddos to get out some gusto. The adults had fun too. Just love and appreciate having great friends.

That is one thing that I have been come more acutly aware of lately, is how great my friends are. I am very lucky!

After jumping our little hearts out, we made a stop that would crush all of the extra blood flow - McDonalds. Whomever came up with the idea of a play place at McD's is genious! We gathered up some more friends and played some more.

Home for naps and a bit of relaxation.

For dinner I was tryed my hand at making calzones. The first time was a flop, however I like to think of myself as being a bit smarter the second time around. Jay even said it turned out great and he rarely compliments my cooking.

Thurday brough school for Emma. The parents had "the day off". The teachers thought that it would be great for us to have some extra time to ourselves. I was a bit sad not to spend time with Emma at her school. In checking with some other moms and dads, I found that I was alone in that feeling.

Madeline and I left for the gym and thinking that we could get a bunch of stuff done. Well, we got some working out - full body - and a trip to the post office to mail the Chistmas cards that I was busy writing out until late last night.

Picked up Emma and off to a play grou pwith a great friend Heather. She is always so sweet to open up her house for us to come over and play with her babe. Got to see her growing tummy and catch pu on lots of stuff. All of the girls, Madz included, played and had fun.

Heading home to finish up the naps that the girls started on the way home and I sat and looked at my messy house until I realized that Hermie, our Christmas elf, was not about to come down from his perch and help me.

Jay came home and I was off to enjoy dinner - adult dinner with my friend Sandy. She took me to a place in Hopkins. Sandy loves to fully enjoy her meals. It was really wonderful with great conversation.

Came home to find Maddie safe and sound in bed and Emma just waiting for me to get home.

A great day!

No comments: