Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Sometimes I am speechless

A "blog", as defined by Wikipedia, "any bit of media wherein the subject expresses his opinion or simply talks about something. A blog (a contraction of the term "Web log") is a Web site, usually maintained by an individual with regular entries of commentary, descriptions of events, or other material such as graphics or video."


The day started off in kind of a frenzy to get the girls ready for the day and get Jay and I off to the Dr on time. But, we did it. Grandpa and Grandma came over and snatched up the girls with a promise to have lots of fun. And Jay and I were off.


We traveled downtown to the U. It seemed to take a lot longer then it should have due to the amount of people, presumable life long Minnesotans, driving slower then I could probabl walk there. We made it in the nick of time. Reminded quickly of how lucky I am the moment we began walking down the hallway.


We started the appointment with the nurse and doing all sorts of basic tests, then Dr. Parry came in. He is such a smart man and has a wonderful way of discussing/explaining all of sometimes complicated items associated with MS. We talked in great legnth about the four different drugs that are approved for MS.


Dr. Parry showed much evidence of how Avonex is somewhat inferior when it comes to effectiveness, and one other drug, that I don't even remember the name is not something he would ever suggest for me.


We did talk about how he felt that he doesn't feel that I need to necessarily start on any drugs at this time.


This week my assignment is to decide which drug I would like to begin taking - Rebiff or Copaxone. Because I do not know how to actually spell either one of them, I should start by doing a bit more research. I am truly amazed by how much time these people spend with you. We were in their offices, actually talking to someone, for over 1 1/2 hours.


The girls had a great time with Grandma and Grandpa. Their time together was topped off by a new pet - two little guppies. Also, a highlight of the day was Madeline falling into the toilet. . .


On to another day. My head hurts (non-MS related) and I am spent!


No comments: