Saturday, December 27, 2008

play, play and more play


This day held promise of a lot because we had not much planned. Just a great day to spend together.


Jay was up early and was eager to use the gift certificate that he received to tint the windows on his car - sorry, truck. He doesn't like it to be called a "car".


Because they were able to "fit him in" if we got there right away, we packed up and were off. We dropped his truck off and we took the girls to Emma's favorite restaurant - Perkins.


While eating breakfast, my mom called and asked if I wanted to join her for a pedicure and manicure. We finished up breakfast, picked up Jay's "pimped" ride and I drove to my appointment with relaxation. Mom treated me to this lovely indulgence and I loved every bit of it.


When I got home, the girls laughed at my fingers and toes because they were colored. Can you tell I don't do that very often? Jay and the girls had worked hard at playing with lots of toys and attempting to find the bottom of the kitchen sink. They did a good job!


Nap time came and Jay and I caught up on one of our guilty pleasures "Whale Wars". A great show to watch to try and understand those that have a tremendous love for something outside of themselves. Don't watch if you cannot comprehend a deep love for animals.


The girls woke and we played some more. All of which was on the schedule for today. Jay and I periodically tried to fit in a cleaning project, but playing with the kids is so much more fun. We played dress up, lincoln logs and so much more. Madeline thought our dining room table needed a make over.



Soon it was time for bed. The end to a great day of nothing much! We haven't had any of that lately. Too much going on all around us, so this was great. Much of the same tomorrow except for my reunion.



Now off to bed. Sleeping in clean sheets (my favorite!!) and our new comforter. . . The beginning of our sanctuary!

No comments: