Friday, December 19, 2008

more running

A day full of nothing planned was a great thing for the brain. The girls and I got up and spent a lot of time reading books, playing with toys and reading books. That was nice. As I was getting ready for the day, Emma came to me with blood running down her face and all over her hands. She had gotten a severe bloody nose. I guess that means that we need to look into a humidifer for the furnace. I was proud of how she handled herself and was so calm. I cleaned her up and we were off.



We swung by the post office to pick up the stamps that we had left there the day before, hand delivered a couple of cards to Emma's teachers, then off to Toy World. That is an awesome store full of unique toys for kids. I love buying gifts there. We had a few boys to buy for. I had to ask for help since I am not a boy toy officianato - so to speak. We left without our toys because they were being gift wrapped.




Home for lunch, more book and playing with Weebles. I worked on the computer and did a little reading.




When Jay got home we got ready to meet Grandpa Jim and Grandma Cheryl for dinner. They have made their arrival for a week over Christmas.




Dinner was good. Emma was a bit crazy - so much going on, so little time to see it all. Madeline was obsessed with the wood bears that were in the entry way and dancing to the jazz band that was playing. Grandma and Grandpa brought the girls some new boots. We laughed so hard at watching them traverse the flat ground like little robots while figuring out the boots.




We came home, threw the girls in the bath and headed to bed. A somewhat relaxing day.

No comments: