Saturday, December 6, 2008

Things I forgot

It turns you that when you are packing suitcases at midnight, things get forgotten. Such as, toothbrush, toothpaste, shampoo/conditioner and tennis shoes. Oh, yeah and my kids! At least it feels like I have forgotten them.

I do miss them terribly and we many times throughout the day talk about the fun things that they do or say. But, it is nice to experience this time without kids. I rarely get away - although lately this MS crap has allowed an hour here or there to be without them for a Dr appointment or two.

We have been gone for about 1 1/2 days and I am finally getting the feeling of relaxation. However, any child in a restaurant, on the street or on the beach catches my attention.

I am so thankful that they are in such good hands so there is no worry, just missing them.

Jay and I enjoyed several hours walking along the beach today. It was great! A certain reminder of the question "what the hell are we doing in MN?" I really do hate it there. The warmth, the water . . .

We will be back to real life soon. Until then, we will miss the kids and try to do a little more relaxing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks WONDERFUL there. I am so glad you have this time alone together. RELAX.

It's movie night and popcorn here

Can't beat that can ya?

Love,M

Heather Johnson said...

It looks like you guys are enjoying yourselves! I hope you get a good nights sleep before heading back :) Can't wait to hear all about it and to see your pics!
xoxo
~Heather