Thursday, December 4, 2008

Life without kids

So, I have been without my kids for about 15 minutes now, and it is amazing how much life changes even though I am only living with the THOUGHT of being without them.

We just dropped them off at Grandma Kim and Grandpa Don's house for an "exciting weekend filled with lots of fun stuff". I have no doubt that it will be anything less then that, but there is the sudden thought that I have not known life for the past 3 1/2 years without a kid hanging on me.

Tomorrow Jay and I are flying to Florida to visit Grandpa Jim and Grandma Cheryl for a long weekend. It will be great to get into the sunshine and warmer weather. I told Jay that there is something ironic about having to go to the warmer weather since there is so much research going on about the lack of Vitamin D and MS. Those of you who know me well know that I am a sun lover to the highest degree. Almost no temperature is hot enough. However, I have never been to India in the middle of summer. This weekend will be good for me. I am not sure if I know how to be by "myself" and just relax. Relax? What is that.

Throughout the day I have had some thoughts to ponder and figured that I would just put them out there.
1.)Do makers of kids toys create them to all run out of battery power at the same time? I have a stack of "dead toys" on my counter that all need AA batteries. What the hell is with Energizer and Fisher Price?
2.) Why is it that when you start working out and feeling good about the progress you have made that no clothes seem to fit better then they once did? Don't get me wrong. My resason for working out kind of came with the finding of my MS and a need to make sure that I was taking care of myself. At 33, I am so over the worry of having a great body or one that has to be a certain size. Being set with this disease, you find that there are bigger things in life to worry about then the size of your pants. That being said, with all of the intimate time that I have been spending with Mr. Eliptical, I would think that my ass would fit a little more freely in the shorts that were worn only a couple of short months ago. Unfortunatly, they almost seem to fit more snugly.

That is about it for the day. The camera is packed and huh, funny, out of batteries so I do not have any pictures to show you. Sorry. A nice day with the girls, but since my brain was running at 2X the normal speed with getting everything ready I think everyone was on the edge.

Leaving the girls at G & G house was a bit sad. Emma was just so excited at all of the fun that I promised her - sorry mom, pressures on! And Maddie thought that her little life was ending when her whole world walked out the door. I hope that she can sleep well and have some fun. For everyones sake.

Ok, well, I need to pack, clean the house, find something to eat and go tp bed before I get up at 4am.

Sunshine here I come. . . . There has to be a way to get Blue Cross/Blue Sheild to pay for this, right??

No comments: